© 2002-2017 Board of Trustees of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and Youssef Hashash
Using DEEPSOIL in your publication? Download the citation here.
Welcome to DEEPSOIL
DEEPSOIL is a unified 1D equivalent linear and nonlinear site response analysis platform. Main features include:
- Strength-controlled nonlinear model
- Frequency-independent damping formulation
- Porewater pressure generation and dissipation models
- Graphical user interface
- Parallel-processing capability
To download DEEPSOIL, please register online
. If you have already registered, login here
We welcome your feedback. If you are interested in contributing to DEEPSOIL development, please contact Professor Youssef Hashash at email@example.com
November 16, 2017 - DEEPSOIL v7.0.5 Released
DEEPSOIL v7.0.5 is now available for download. This build is a maintenance build and is recommended for all users. Please login here
and download the updated installer. This is a pre-release software and should be used primarily for testing and evaluation purpose.
Version 6.1.7 remains available as the current stable release. Please install VC++ 2015 runtime library on your system to prevent unexpected crash.
Update in this release include:
- Debugged a text color assignment error which caused the "Analysis Method" items unreadable.
- Corrected an error which caused baseline window couldn't open in single thread mode.
- Enabled the pasting option of data grid for "Basic parameter table", “varying velocity table” and “varying strength table” .
- Removed redundant zeros in bedrock input parameters (limited to 2 decimals).
- Plotted both fitted soil model and reference curves when reviewing the result of auto generation.
- Updated the manual in main menu.
- Removed redundant layer block labels after going back from auto-generated profiles to mean profiles.
- Fixed a bug which caused that “Use Reference Points” couldn’t work for Clay tab.
- Enabled the fitting procedure of “user defined points”.
- Updated the mean profile saving routine from dp to dpz file.
- Updated the saving and reviewing routine of auto-generation
- Enabled saving function of varying velocity and strength.
- Corrected an error which caused that the mean soil profile click event couldn’t load the correct layer page after going back from auto-generated soil profiles view.
- Corrected an error which caused that the checking of varying velocity and strength data failed when reviewing the mean profile data.
- Corrected an error which caused that the loading saved profiles couldn’t recognize if realizations had been generated.
- Corrected an error which caused restoring previous mean profile data failed.
- Corrected an error which caused the row number of the varying velocity and varying strength table couldn’t be updated in loading saved mean profile.
- Corrected an error which caused that the “Toggle Axis Type” function didn’t work in single motion view
- Fixed an error which caused updating water table couldn’t update the effective stress
- Enabled pasting option of user defined reference curve table
- Enabled pasting option of EQL discrete points table
Previous announcements are available in the DEEPSOIL news archive
Initial development work supported primarily by the Earthquake Engineering Research Centers Program of the National Science Foundation under Award Number EEC-9701785; the Mid-America Earthquake Center.
This support is gratefully acknowledged.